Ammonia storage tank decommissioning and inspection
MGI ENERGY understands these challenges very well and we develop a comprehensive decommissioning inspection and repair plan. We offer a complete package from Decom, Inspect, Repair & Commission combined with advance NDT Inspection and using Rope Access techniques (cost effective alternative to traditional access methods, such as scaffolding or mobile elevated working platform) during tank inspection we minimise the downtime and reduce the out of production time for anhydrous liquid ammonia storage tanks.
Our work methodology includes:
- Detailed job risk assessment
- Decommissioning and inspection HAZOP study
- Planning activities based on existing site condition
- List of equipment and materials required
- Inspection Procedure
- Tank building location and specification
- Emptying the tank
- Key process parameters
- Tank valve isolation for heating purpose
- Inerting of system and purging with nitrogen
- Gas sampling
- Manway opening sequence
- Danger of asphyxiant gas
- Purging the tank with air
- Readiness for confined entry
- Non Destructive Inspection (VT, PT, MT, MFL, HT, RT etc)
- Tank Floor & Foundation Inspection
- Tank Repairs
Maintenance optimization plan for fertilizer plants
Fertilizer Industry Demands
The effective Maintenance Optimization Plan deployed at the right time with the right resources and industry knowhow is key to meeting performance objectives and business model.
- The ability to adjust to varying operating and environmental contexts is a high advantage capability in the current market.
- Aim of the maximum performance from your assets.
- Adopting a culture of “Reliability over Repair” through Asset Performance Management (APM).
- The most time and resource efficient Turnaround
Our consultancy’s approach:
- Stage 1. Audit of the existing Maintenance system
- Stage 2: Preliminary discussions with Customer Management for Maintenance Optimization Plan implementation
- Stage 3: Maintenance Optimization Implementation Plan presented. Approval by Client
- Stage 4: Onsite Maintenance Implementation
- Stage 5: Acceptance Testing Audit